Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Finishing Up Character Changes!

Today we finished up our character changes activities and BOY are they pros at it now! I pulled this lesson from a 5th grade blog so it was a little challenging for my kids but we LOVE challenges! They all did a wonderful job and their work came out better than I ever imagined. We have been reading the book 'Mrs. Mack' by the same author as 'Thank You, Mr. Falker'- Patricia Polacco. It was awesome because the kids were able to make connections between books. Both books almost made me cry! We analyzed how the main character Patricia changed throughout the story and the reasons why. Here's some of their awesome work they did on their foldable! Tomorrow and Friday will be full days of math and social studies to catch up! I like to really go in depth with my kids an have them thinking at high levels before we move on to another skill. Looking at their reading tests yesterday, these kids are doing so awesome! 75% of them scored 100's and the rest were 90's! Go kids! So proud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment